Setup dev mode
Before you get started you will need to convert your console into Developer Mode. Microsoft have an existing page that will show you how to get started: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/devkit-activation
It may be worth navigating through their documentation and getting a grasp on the basis of the environment: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/
Visual Studio Setup
In order for you to build Win32 applications and libraries you will need to install certain libraries available through the Visual Studio Installer:
After your console is activated you will be able to connect over via PuTTy (or another SSH client of your choice).
- Enter the console IP address and Connect
- Use the following to login:
- Username: DevToolsUser
- For the password you are able to use either
- pin that is displayed on the "Show Visual Studio Pin" in Dev Home.
- password used for smb access
This will not give you the sufficient priviliges. Fortunately, there is a way!
- USB Drive
Make sure that the USB is formatted as NTFS before extracting the superfun contents to the root of it. Once done, you may plug the USB into your Xbox One console.
- Using PuTTy (or your SSH client of choice) connect to the console unless you're already connected
- Navigate to your USB
- Execute superfun.exe
- An elevated telnet session has been created.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator
- Enable telnet client by running:
DISM /online /enable-feature /featurename:TelnetClient
- Connect to the console:
telnet <Xbox One IP or Hostname> 23
- You should now be connected!
- Navigate to your USB drive
- Run the following:
net1.exe user <username> <password> net1.exe accounts /MaxPWAge:unlimited net1.exe localgroup administrators <username> /add
Now you can reconnect to the console via SSH or SMB using your new user.
Accessing Console File System
Open up the File Explorer on your Windows machine and enter the following into your path bar:
\\<Xbox One IP or Hostname>
It will prompt you for login details. We can use the Xbox Device Portal for this:
- Open up your web browser and enter:
https://<Xbox One IP or Hostname>:11443
- Go to File explorer
- On the right hand side; you will see "Browse"
- Select it and use the login details provided